Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Local Regulations. The mobile home park area shall be subject to any local fire protection rules and regulations.
2. Litter Control. Mobile home park areas shall be kept free of litter, rubbish and other flammable materials.
3. Fire Extinguishers. Portable fire extinguishers of a type approved by the fire prevention authority shall be kept in public service buildings under park control and a sufficient number shall be maintained throughout the park in readily accessible and well-marked positions.
4. Fire Hydrants.
A. Fire hydrants shall be installed if their water supply source is capable to serve them in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) The water supply source shall permit the operation of a minimum of two 1½-inch hose streams.
(2) Each of two nozzles, held 4 feet above the ground, shall deliver at least 75 gallons of water per minute at a flowing pressure of at least 30 pounds per square inch at the highest point of the park.
B. Fire hydrants, if provided, shall be located within 600 feet of any mobile home, service building or other structure in the park, and shall be installed in accordance with all applicable Borough specifications.
C. The park management shall give the Borough Secretary or other authorized Borough representative free access to all mobile home lots, service buildings and other community service facilities for inspection purposes.
D. The management shall maintain a register containing the names of all park occupants. Such register shall be available to any authorized person inspecting the park. The management shall notify the appropriate officer in accordance with State and local taxation laws of the arrival and departure of each mobile home.
5. Removal of Mobile Homes. No mobile home, whether installed on a single lot or in a mobile home park, shall be removed from the Borough without first obtaining a permit from the Borough Tax Collector as required by Act No. 54, 1969, of the Pennsylvania General Assembly. Such permit shall be issued upon payment of a fee of $2 and real estate taxes assessed against the home and unpaid at time the permit is requested.
(Ord. 6/6/1977, §913)