Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The proposed Articles of Incorporation of the Authority are as follows:
Articles of Incorporation
To the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
In compliance with the Municipality Authorities Act of 1945, its supplements and amendments, the Borough of Dauphin and the Township of Middle Paxton, both situated in dauphin County, and both municipalities of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, pursuant to identical ordinances daily adopted by the representative municipal authorities of both municipalities signifying their joint desire and intention to form an Authority, hereby certify.
1. The name of the authority shall be the “Dauphin-Middle Paxton Joint Park Authority.”
2. This Authority is formed under the Municipality Authorities Act of 1945, its supplements and amendments.
3. No other joint authority organized under the Municipality Authorities Act of 1945, its supplements or amendments, the Act approved June 28, 1935, P.L. 463, as amended is in existence in or for the incorporating municipalities named herein.
4. The purpose of the Authority is to improve, maintain and operate a recre ational park located immediately adjacent to Route 225 in the Borough of Dauphin, to provide facilities for the individual and organized group recreation for the citizens of the Borough of Dauphin and the Township of Middle Paxton.
5. The respective names of the incorporating municipalities are:
The Borough of Dauphin
The Township of Middle Paxton
6. The names and addresses of the Mayor and the members of Council of the Borough of Dauphin, such persons being the municipal authorities of the municipality, are as follows:
A. Clyde R. Kurtz, Jr.
B. Ralph E. Feaser, Jr.
C. Robert H. Olewing.
D. John J. Powley II.
E. Francis V. Tracey.
F. Gayle B. Larson.
G. Leonard J. Bendrick.
H. Lee O. Beaston.
(To be inserted later)
The names and addresses of the Supervisors of the Township of Middle Paxton, such persons being the municipal authorities are as follows:
A. Daniel Ludwig, R.D. 2, Dauphin, Pennsylvania.
B. Marlin Seace, R.D. 2, Dauphin, Pennsylvania.
C. Mary Farrell, R.D. 2, Dauphin, Pennsylvania.
7. The membership of the Board of the Authority to be formed hereby shall be apportioned so that the Borough of Dauphin shall have two members and the Township of Middle Paxton shall have five members.
8. The names and addresses of the first Board of the Authority to be formed hereby are as follows:
A. Gerald West.
B. Ray Adams.
C. William Drake-Shirk.
In witness whereof the incorporating municipalities have executed these articles, each by its proper officers thereunto duly authorized and under its municipal seal, this _______ day of ______________, 1979.
Township of Middle Paxton by /s/ Daniel Ludwig
Attest: /s/ Geo. Van Wagner
Borough of Dauphin by /s/ Ralph E. Feaser, Jr.
Attest: /s/ Jean A. Kruleski
(Ord. 79-5, –/–/1979, §3)