Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Chapters. Chapters are numbered sequentially in Arabic throughout this Code.
2. Parts. Parts are numbered sequentially in Arabic throughout this Code.
3. Whenever other divisions are necessary, Chapters shall be divided into Subchapters, Parts into Subparts and designated with the Chapter or Part number followed by a capital letter. For instance, Chapter 1 may be divided into Subchapters 1A and 1B.
4. Sections. Sections are numbered sequentially throughout a Chapter and a Part such that the first number or numbers is the Chapter number, followed by a hyphen, followed by the Part number, followed by the Section number within the Part. For example, "§1-101” designates Chapter 1, Part 1, Section 1. Similarly, “§27-305” designates Chapter 27, Part 3, Section 5.
5. Internal Divisions of Sections. Whenever internal divisions are necessary, Sections shall be divided into Subsections, Subsections into Paragraphs, Paragraphs into Subparagraphs, Subparagraphs into Clauses, and Clauses into Subclauses, and Subclauses into Items, designated as follows:
(Ord. 2012-03, 12/4/2012)