Skip to code content (skip section selection)
505.24 REGISTRATION OF DANGEROUS, AGGRESSIVE OR VICIOUS DOGS.
(a) Any person owning, keeping, possessing, harboring, maintaining or having the care, custody or control of a dangerous, aggressive or vicious dog, including those found to be so by other governmental bodies and under former versions of the Cuyahoga Falls Codified Ordinances, shall in addition to any requirements dictated by the court, county or state:
(1) Register the dog with the Police Department annually, between January 2 and January 31, and whenever a dog is newly obtained;
(2) At the time of registration provide proof of liability insurance if required by Section 505.25 and a copy of any annual dog registration certificate and/or tag issued by the county auditor;
(3) Provide the dog’s microchip number;
(4) Provide a color photo of the dog to the Police Department annually upon registration;
(5) Post on the premises, in a conspicuous place where the dog is kept, at least one City-issued warning sign available upon payment of a fee of ten dollars ($10.00) from the Police Department. The sign shall be visible and capable of being read from the public highway or street;
(6) Notify the Police Department within ten (10) days if the dog has died or has been sold or donated, and provide the Police Department with the name, address and telephone number of the new owner; and
(7) Pay an annual registration fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) to cover the administrative expenses associated herewith.
(b) Whoever fails to register a dangerous, aggressive or vicious dog as provided in this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. Each and every day during such period of noncompliance with this section may be deemed a separate offense.
(Ord. 36-2019. Passed 6-10-19.)