Skip to code content (skip section selection)
351.04 PARKING NEAR CURB; HANDICAPPED LOCATIONS ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LOTS AND GARAGES.
(b) (1) This subsection does not apply to streets or parts thereof where angle parking is lawfully permitted. However, no angle parking shall be permitted on a state route unless an unoccupied roadway width of not less than twenty-five feet is available for free-moving traffic.
(2) A. No angled parking space that is located on a state route within a municipal corporation is subject to elimination, irrespective of whether there is or is not at least twenty-five feet of unoccupied roadway width available for free-moving traffic at the location of that angled parking space, unless the municipal corporation approves of the elimination of the angled parking space.
(c) (1) A. Except as provided in subsection (c)(1)B. hereof, no vehicle shall be stopped or parked on a road or highway with the vehicle facing in a direction other than the direction of travel on that side of the road or highway.
B. The operator of a motorcycle may back the motorcycle into an angled parking space so that when the motorcycle is parked it is facing in a direction other than the direction of travel on the side of the road or highway.
(2) The operator of a motorcycle may back the motorcycle into a parking space that is located on the side of, and parallel to, a road or highway. The motorcycle may face any direction when so parked. Not more than two motorcycles at a time shall be parked in a parking space as described in subsection (c)(2) of this section irrespective of whether or not the space is metered.
(f) (1) A. No person shall stop, stand or park any motor vehicle at special parking locations provided under subsection (e) hereof, or at special clearly marked parking locations provided in or on privately owned parking lots, parking garages, or other parking areas and designated in accordance with subsection (e) hereof, unless one of the following applies:
1. The motor vehicle is being operated by or for the transport of a person with a disability that limits or impairs the ability to walk and is displaying a valid removable windshield placard or special license plates;
2. The motor vehicle is being operated by or for the transport of a handicapped person and is displaying a parking card or special handicapped license plates.
B. Any motor vehicle that is parked in a special marked parking location in violation of subsection (f)(1)A. of this section may be towed or otherwise removed from the parking location by the Police Department. A motor vehicle that is so towed or removed shall not be released to its owner until the owner presents proof of ownership of the motor vehicle and pays all towing and storage fees normally imposed by the Municipality for towing and storing motor vehicles. If the motor vehicle is a leased vehicle, it shall not be released to the lessee until the lessee presents proof that that person is the lessee of the motor vehicle and pays all towing and storage fees normally imposed by the Municipality for towing and storing motor vehicles.
C. If a person is charged with a violation of subsection (f)(1)A. of this section, it is an affirmative defense to the charge that the person suffered an injury not more than seventy-two hours prior to the time the person was issued the ticket or citation and that, because of the injury, the person meets at least one of the criteria contained in Ohio R.C. 4503.44(A)(1).
(2) No person shall stop, stand or park any motor vehicle in an area that is commonly known as an access aisle, which area is marked by diagonal stripes and is located immediately adjacent to a special parking location provided under subsection (e) of this section or at a special clearly marked parking location provided in or on a privately owned parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area and designated in accordance with that subsection.