Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. All But Industrial Users:
1. Established By City Council: Owners of all premises now served by the sanitary sewer of the city and of all premises to be furnished sewer service by the sewage collection system, except industrial users, shall pay the rates as established from time to time by resolution of the city council. (Ord. 258, 6-14-1988; amd. Ord. 500, 9-10-2013; 2015 Code)
2. Modification Of Rates And Charges: The rates and charges established in this manner shall be subject to modification upon application to the city council by the owner in all cases where fees so established are unjust or oppressive. (Ord. 258, 6-14-1988; amd. 2015 Code)
B. Industrial Users:
1. Monthly sewer service rates for industrial users shall be set by the maximum percentage of wastewater plant capacity that is required to service the industry during any one day in a calendar month.
2. The daily industrial percentage shall be determined using the values from the industrial monitoring station composite samples, taken daily. These values divided by the values determined from the influent composite samples taken daily at the wastewater plant and multiplied by one hundred (100) are the daily industrial percentages.
3. The maximum day for each calendar month shall be determined from the summation of the BOD or TOC, suspended solids and flow percentage from each day. The day having the largest summation shall be the maximum day for the calendar month.
4. The cost for monthly sewer service shall be based on the sum of the following costs:
a. The BOD or TOC percentage of industrial waste from the maximum day divided by one hundred (100) and multiplied by one-third (1/3) of the total actual cost of operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant for that calendar month.
b. The suspended solids percentage of industrial waste from the maximum day divided by one hundred (100) and multiplied by one-third (1/3) of the total actual cost of operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant for the calendar month.
c. The volume of flow percentage of industrial waste from the maximum day divided by one hundred (100) and multiplied by one-third (1/3) of the actual cost of operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant for the calendar month.
5. The city may require the industrial users to enter into a written contract containing provisions that are set forth in this subsection B prior to providing sewer service to industrial users. (Ord. 258, 6-14-1988)
C. Bills For Service; Delinquent Payments:
1. Fees shall be carried on the water bills, wherever applicable, and the public works supervisor is authorized and directed to discontinue services to any premises where the entire water and sewer service bill is not paid in the same manner that service is discontinued for nonpayment of water bills.
2. All fees shall be paid by the person responsible for the same at the office of the city clerk-treasurer on or before the fifteenth day of the month following the month of use, and if not paid, the same shall become delinquent, and after sixty (60) days' delinquency, a ten percent (10%) penalty shall be added to the account. For failure to pay such charge, the city may levy a special assessment against the premises in such amount and in such manner as other special assessments are levied, and may foreclose the same in the manner provided for the foreclosure and collection of other special assessments. (Ord. 258, 6-14-1988; amd. 2015 Code)
D. Disposition Of Revenues: All fees and charges provided in this section, when collected, shall be placed in the utility fund of the city and paid into the sewer fund of the city. All charges and expenses for operation and maintenance of the sewage system and the sewage treatment and disposal plant, and all payments required to be made, shall be made from the sewer fund of the city. The city council may, from time to time, establish within the sewer fund a reserve for the operation, maintenance, replacement and depreciation of such works, and a reserve for improvements to such works, and may authorize expenditures from such fund for such purposes. (Ord. 258, 6-14-1988)