Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) This article has been enacted to protect and enhance the water quality of our watercourses, water bodies, groundwater and wetlands in a manner pursuant to and consistent with the Clean Water Act and associated federal and state stormwater regulations.
(b) The intent of this article is:
(1) To control non-stormwater discharges to storm drain systems.
(2) To reduce pollutants in stormwater discharges.
(3) To control stormwater runoff by providing designs, construction and maintenance criteria for permanent and temporary stormwater facilities.
(4) To maintain and improve the stormwater collection system in order to protect and improve water quality in the receiving streams and to reduce or eliminate local flooding resulting from stormwater accumulation.
(5) To fully comply with federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements and schedules regarding stormwater management and the water quality of the receiving streams.
(Ord. 13-13. Passed 6-6-13.)