Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The driver of a vehicle shall not turn the vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction upon any street in the city at the following locations:
(1) At intersections controlled by traffic-control devices or signals unless such turns are specifically authorized;
(2) Where a police officer is directing traffic except at the latter's direction; or
(3) At any other location where an official “no-U-turn” has been placed and is maintained.
(B) A U-turn may be made only when it can be mode in safety and without interfering with other traffic. No person shall make a U-turn except in the following manner:
(1) By approaching the intersection as closely as practical to the right curb or edge of the roadway, the driver giving and continuing to give a signal for a left turn until the turn is completed, proceeding to make the turn across the intersection;
(2) In one continuous movement without stopping or backing the vehicle;
(3) By yielding the right-of-way at all times to all vehicles until such turn in completed; and
(4) Without constituting a hazard to or interfering with any other vehicle.
(`83 Code, § 15-904) Penalty, see § 71.999