Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Intent. The W-M Waterfront-Marina Districts are designed to accommodate recreational boating along with activities and services related to harbor and waterway improvements, thereby facilitating navigation and providing safe and economical waterfront, recreational development.
(`73 Code, 15.211, § 5.69)
(B) Principal uses permitted. In a Waterfront-Marina District, no building or land shall be used and no building shall be erected except for one or more of the following uses, unless otherwise provided in this chapter:
(1) Municipal or private development of either the berthing, protection, or servicing of recreational boats, yachts, cruisers, inboards, outboards and sailboats;
(2) Commissary facilities for the provision of food, beverages, and the like to be stored aboard boats;
(3) Municipal or private beaches and recreation areas;
(4) Retail business which supply commodities for persons using the facilities of the district such as: sale of boats, engines and accessories, fishing equipment and other similar items;
(5) Restaurant, lounge or club;
(6) Hotels or other such facilities to provide temporary homeport accommodations;
(7) Accessory uses and uses customarily incidental to the above permitted uses;
(8) All uses permitted and as regulated in One-Family Residential Districts;
(9) Other uses of a character similar to the above uses, subject to recommendation, pro or con, of the Planning Commission and City Council approval.
(`73 Code, 15.212, § 5.70)
(C) Uses permitted subject to special conditions. The following uses shall also be permitted subject to the conditions hereinafter imposed for each use:
(1) Engine and hull repair shops when conducted within a completely enclosed building, or completely obscured from view beyond the property boundaries with a continuous masonry wall, six feet in height or a heavily planted greenbelt ten feet in width;
(2) Boat fuel stations when at least 200 feet distant from any abutting residential district.
(`73 Code, 15.213, § 5.71)
(D) Required conditions.
(1) All dredging, construction, and/or development shall be subject to the requirements of all subject codes and ordinances of the city and shall be approved by the City Engineer.
(2) All site plans shall be subject to the review and approval of the Planning Commission with respect to area and bulk requirements, parking plan, and points of ingress and egress.
(`73 Code, 15.214, § 5.72)
(`73 Code, 15.215, § 5.73)
(Ord. eff. 8-1-67; Am. Ord. passed 1973; Am. Ord. passed 7-13-99; Am. Ord. eff. 3-5-09) Penalty, see § 154.999