Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No structure, fence, swimming pool or satellite dish in the village shall be constructed, enlarged, altered or repaired without a permit being issued by the Building Code Administrator. Upon application and approval, the Building Code Administrator shall issue a permit. All work performed pursuant to any permit issued hereunder shall meet the requirements for workmanship, methods and materials as set forth in the Codes adopted in this chapter and all requirements of the Zoning Ordinance and other applicable ordinances of the village. The permit shall be posted on the premises at the time the work is commenced. Inspection shall be performed pursuant to § 150.28.
(B) Notwithstanding the above, a building permit shall not be required for the following:
(1) Cases, counters and partitions not over five feet high;
(2) Painting, papering, window replacement without removing frames, and similar finish work;
(3) Temporary motion picture, television and theater stage sets and scenery;
(4) Window awnings supported by an exterior wall when projecting out not more than 54 inches;
(5) Alterations and remodeling, the cost of which is less than $1,000 and does not constitute or affect corridors, exit ways, and load-bearing members of those structures;
(6) Replacing shingles and applying siding.
(C) Unless otherwise exempted by this chapter, separate plumbing, electrical, building and mechanical permits shall be required for the above-exempted items.
(Ord. 94-07, passed 3-24-94; Am. Ord. 04-43, passed 7-13-04)