Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The application for a license to operate a massage establishment shall set forth the exact nature of the massage services to be administered, and the proposed place of business and facilities therefor.
(B) The application for a license shall contain the following information:
(1) The applicant's name, current address, telephone number, and date of birth.
(2) The name, address, and date of birth of all employees, massage therapists, managers, and persons with supervisory authority that have been or are intended to be employed by the applicant or provide massage services.
(3) Whether the applicant has had any license denied, revoked or suspended in the Village of Chatham, State of Illinois, or any other state or municipality for a massage establishment, and the reasons therefor.
(4) Whether the applicant, or any employee, massage therapist, manager, or person with supervisory authority has had any criminal or municipal ordinance violation convictions, forfeiture of bond, and pleadings of nolo contendere on all charges, except minor traffic violations, within the last five years.
(5) Authorization for the chief of police or his designee to conduct a background check and take fingerprints on the applicant, and any manager or person with supervisory authority.
(6) A copy of the State of Illinois issued massage license for each massage therapist that has been or is intended to be employed by the applicant to provide massage services, or a copy of the certification or other written documentation or proof of exemption for licensing as required by the Massage Licensing Act (225 ILCS 57/25). For example, practitioners of Asian bodywork services must provide proof of certification from the American Organization of Bodywork Therapies of Asia or documentation from another Asian bodywork organization that he or she is approved by such organization based on a minimum level of training, demonstration of competency, and adherence to ethical standards set by the governing board (225 ILCS 57/25(g)).
(7) A drawing or floor plan of the premises designating each room by its purpose or the activity that will take place in each room.
(8) If the premises is leased:
(a) A copy of the lease, and any subleases, assignments or acceptances in effect at the time of application;
(b) The name, address and telephone number of the legal owner of the premises;
(c) If the legal owner is not an individual, the name, address and telephone number of a representative or agent authorized to act on behalf of the legal owner; and
(d) If the premises is managed or supervised by someone other than the legal owner thereof, the name, address and telephone number of the person, business or entity who manages or supervises the premises.
(9) If the applicant is a business:
(a) The type of business or entity (i.e., sole proprietorship, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, etc.);
(b) The name of the business or entity, and all assumed names under which the business or entity is conducted; and
(c) The names, addresses, telephone numbers, and dates of birth of all persons with management and supervisory authority of the business or entity.
(10) The information requested in divisions (B)(1), (3), (4) and (5) shall also include information for the following persons:
(a) If the applicant is a sole proprietorship, the information sought to be provided shall be for the individual.
(b) If the applicant is a partnership, the information sought to be provided shall be for each general and limited partner, for each individual who is a general partner of such general or limited partnership, and for each individual who owns more than five percent (5%) of such limited partnership.
(c) If the applicant is a joint venture, the information sought to be provided shall be for each joint venturer and each individual who owns more than 5% of such joint venture.
(d) If the applicant is a corporation, the information sought to be provided shall be for each officer and director, and if the corporation's stock is publicly traded, each shareholder owning more than 5% of the outstanding stock in said corporation.
(e) If the applicant is a limited liability company, the information sought to be provided shall be for each manager and member owning or holding more than a 5% membership interest.
(C) If a change in any information required under this section occurs at any time during a license period, the licensee shall file a written statement with the village clerk indicating the nature and effective date of the change. The change in information statement shall be filed no later than ten days after the change(s) take effect.
(Ord. 19-33, passed 11-12-19)