Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Definitions. For the purpose of this section the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
BACK YARD. That portion of the parcel of land or lot which lies behind or posteriorly to an imaginary line extended in both directions from the posterior plane of the main residence structure. Normally this portion of the lot lies behind the residence structure and away from the street.
FRONT YARD. That portion of the parcel of land or lot which lies in front of or anteriorly to an imaginary line extended in both directions from the anterior plane of the main residence structure which normally faces the street.
REAR CORNER PARCEL. That portion of a back yard which lies adjacent to the front yard of another lot or parcel. This situation would normally be encountered with corner lots or parcels. Where properties are separated by an alley or similar easement the requirements of this section shall not apply.
SIDE YARD. That portion of the parcel of land which lies adjacent to the main residence structure and lies between the front yard and back yard.
(B) Earth station placement and location.
(1) No earth station shall be placed or installed in any front yard or side yard.
(2) Installations or placements upon rear corner parcels shall meet the following additional setback requirements.
(a) The dish or antenna placement or installation shall be set back from the street which faces the applicant's and adjacent owner's properties one of the following setback distances, whichever is the least:
1. Behind an imaginary line parallel to the plane of the exterior wall, including any porch, of the applicant's main structure, as such wall faces the street mutually serving the applicant's and adjacent owner's parcels; or
2. Behind an imaginary line parallel to the plane of the exterior wall, including any porch, of the adjacent owner's main structure, as such wall faces the street mutually serving the adjacent owner's and applicant's parcels; or
3. Twenty feet from the curb line.
(b) The rear corner parcel setback requirements shall be waived upon presentation to the Building Inspector of a written waiver or consent signed by the owner of the affected adjacent lot.
(Ord. 99-85, passed 11-25-85) Penalty, see § 156.99