Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. No bicycle shall be used to carry more persons at a time than the number for which it is designed and equipped.
2. Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a vehicle standing or proceeding in the same direction.
3. Wherever a usable path for bicycles has been provided adjacent to a roadway, bicycle riders shall use such path and not the roadway.
4. No person shall operate a bicycle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions then existing.
5. The operator of a bicycle emerging from an alley, driveway or building shall yield the right-of-way to all approaching pedestrians, and upon entering a roadway, shall yield the right-of-way to all approaching pedestrians, and upon entering a roadway, shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching on such roadway.
6. The City Council is authorized to have signs placed on any sidewalk or trafficway prohibiting the riding of bicycles thereon by any person; when such signs are in place, no person shall disobey the same.