Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. It shall be unlawful for any person to use or obstruct the sidewalks, streets, alleys, easements or public rights-of-way of the city in any manner so as to interfere unduly with pedestrian or other lawful traffic and parking thereon, or to interfere unduly with the purpose(s) of said easement or right-of-way.
2. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to deposit, throw or sweep into or upon streets, alleys, parking areas or sidewalks any paper, rubbisn, grass, weeds, tree trimmings, dirt, trash, crates, boxes or other refuse of any kind.
3. It shall be unlawful for the owner or occupant of property abutting upon a sidewalk or sidewalk area to permit the sidewalk or sidewalk area adjacent to the property to become a hazard to persons using the sidewalk.
4. It shall be unlawful and an offense for any person to permit to be open or leave open any cellar door, manhole or grating of any kind in or upon any street, sidewalk or alley of the city.
5. It shall be unlawful for any person to make any excavation or cutting in any street, sidewalk, alley or public grounds, or to remove any earth or construction material therefrom, except where authorized to do so by the City Council; excavations so authorized shall be properly guarded and protected to prevent said excavations from being or becoming dangerous to life or limb.
6. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to obstruct any street, sidewalk, alley or drainage easement by placing any approach, driveway or other obstruction or substance whatever, that will obstruct or prevent the natural flow of water through the easement or into the storm sewers or drains, or dam the same so as to back any water upon the streets, alleys, sidewalks or gutters.