Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Every manufactured house or mobile home located in either a mobile home park, a mobile home subdivision or as a freestanding home, shall meet the provisions of the adopted Housing Code of the city, except as otherwise provided in this section, or as may be otherwise provided in other provisions of this code of ordinances.
2. Every manufactured or mobile home shall contain the following minimum gross floor area of habitable space:
a. One hundred and fifty square feet of one or two occupants;
b. One hundred additional square feet for the third occupant; and
c. Seventy-five square feet additional for each additional occupant thereafter.
3. Habitable space in a mobile or manufactured home shall have a minimum ceiling height of seven feet over 50% of the floor area; the floor area where the ceiling height is less than five feet shall not be considered in computing minimum gross floor area.
4. A mobile or manufactured home shall have a safe and unobstructed primary exit and an emergency exit located away from the primary exit.
5. Rooms occupied for sleeping purposes must contain at least 60 square feet of floor space, if used by more than one person, and at least 40 square feet if used by one person.
6. Dependent manufactured or mobile homes shall not be required to have a flush toilet, bath or shower.
7. The Housing Code shall not apply to travel trailers insofar as floor area, flush toilet, bath or shower ceiling height is concerned.