Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Intent. This section establishes and preserves areas for industrial and related uses of such a nature that they do not create serious problems of compatibility with other kinds of land uses, and is intended to make provisions for certain kinds of commercial uses which are most appropriately located as neighbors of industrial uses or which are necessary to service the immediate needs of the people in these areas.
(B) Permitted uses.
(1) Industrial uses and processes manufacturing;
(7) Equipment service;
(9) Storage and warehousing;
(10) Accessory retail sales connected with a principal use;
(12) Institutional and public uses;
(13) Essential services; and
(C) Special land uses. Refer to § 154.09.
(1) Vehicle repair shops;
(2) Salvage yard and/or resource recovery facilities;
(3) Adult entertainment;
(4) Dispensing of vehicle propellant and/or heating fuels;
(5) Fuel supply;
(6) Vehicle sales; and
(7) Medical marijuana manufacturing.
(D) Required conditions.
(1) Parking: refer to § 154.08.
(2) Signs: refer to Chapter 152.
(3) Enclosures: all operations shall be conducted wholly within the confines of a building, provided that necessary accessory outdoor processes or the outdoor storage of coal, equipment and material may utilize required side yard or rear yard space if screened from any public street or residential zone by either a six foot uniformly painted or preserved fence or wall at least 50% solid, kept in good condition or by planting of evergreen trees or hedges. The storage shall not exceed a height equal to the distance from the lot line.
(4) Before the issuance of any building or occupancy permit the applicant shall sign an agreement stating that the use of the property will meet the applicable city ordinances, county codes and state and federal regulations, and that any violation of these standards in subsequent operations will be corrected, the costs of inspection by experts to determine compliance to be borne by the applicant.
(6) Height: refer to § 154.06.
(E) Prohibited uses. No building, structure or premises shall be used in whole or in part for any of the following types of uses:
(1) Residential construction, conversion or use of any kind, including hotels, motels or the use of trailers as dwelling units;
(2) Schools, hospitals and other institutions for educational purposes or for human care, except when incidental to a permitted or principal use;
(3) Retail business or service establishments except as accessory uses permitted in division (B)(10) above;
(4) Junk yards; or
(5) The following uses are specifically prohibited:
(a) The manufacturing of glue or gelatin, acids, acetylene gas, celluloid or cellulose, pyroxilin plastics, chlorine or bleaching powder, creosote, explosives, fireworks or matches or fertilizer;
(b) The processing of fish or animal offal, or pulp into paper or cardboard, or the refining of potash; and
(c) Primary metal reduction or smelting, steel furnace, blooming or rolling mill or uses creating a public nuisance.
(Ord. 161, passed 12-10-2001; Ord. 176, passed 5-9-2011)