Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Resale Of Water: No water shall be resold or distributed by the recipient thereof from the Village supply to any premises other than that for which application has been made and the meter installed, except in those cases of an emergency nature wherein the Director of Public Works, Building Commission or one of their designees has given specific approval to do so.
B. Tampering With, Damage To System: It shall be unlawful for any person to tamper with, alter, cover, uncover, bury, obstruct or injure any part or appurtenance of the Village waterworks and sewerage system including, but not limited to, mains, valves, b-boxes, meters, equipment and facilities, unless specific authority to do so has been given by the Director of Public Works or Building Commissioner. The following actions may cause shut-off of the village water supply to any dwelling unit, building, structure, or premises in addition to penalties provided for in section 9-1-14:
1. Tampering with a village water meter installation.
2. Installation of water supply piping creating an un-authorized by-pass of a village water meter, not approved by the Building Commissioner or a designee.
3. Removal of a village water meter.
4. Tampering with a village MXU device or other type of village water meter appurtenance.
5. Installation of water supply piping causing a cross-connection of the village water supply.
6. Any water supply piping, device, or fixture installation or condition within a dwelling unit, building, structure, or premises that presents potential health hazard to the village water supply as determined by the Public Works Director or Building Commissioner or one of their designees.
7. Refusal to allow access onto private property to inspect and assess village water works and sewerage systems including, but not limited to, mains, valves, b-boxes, meters, water service piping, equipment, fixtures, and facilities.
8. Delinquency in payment of outstanding water or sewer service fees or charges.
9. Locating or relocating water meter in an unserviceable location.
C. Turning On Service Without Authority: It shall be unlawful for any person, other than the Director of Public Works, Building Commissioner or one of their designees, to turn on water and/or connect any dwelling unit, building, structure, or premises to a sanitary sewer unless and until notification from the Village Finance Director-Treasurer, Building Commissioner or a designee has been received that the application provided in this chapter has been received and approved and until all required fees and charges have been paid and required security deposits have been made. (Ord. 2016-13, 3-14-2016; amd. Ord. 2017-42, 11-13-2017; Ord. 2021-01, 1-11-2021)