Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) An application for a permit under this chapter shall be made in writing on a form provided by the Director. The application shall include the following information:
(1) The name and address of the charitable organization seeking the permit;
(2) The name, address, and telephone number of a responsible person residing in, or having a current business address located in, the State of Ohio within 25 miles of the City of Ashtabula, who has the authority and capability to ensure that the use or operation of any donation bin complies with this chapter;
(3) A list of all locations within the corporate limits of the City of Ashtabula where donation bins will be located, by address or by reference to and distance from the nearest intersection.
(4) A brief statement of the intended use of the donated items, including the manner in which items collected via the donation bin would be used, sold, or dispersed, and if sold, the method by which proceeds of the collected proceeds would be allocated or spent.
(5) The planned pick up schedule for emptying the donation bin or bins, which shall not be less often than weekly.
(b) The application shall be accompanied by documentation acceptable to the Director of 501(c)(3) status of the charitable organization seeking the permit. Such documentation shall include an official letter or notice from the Internal Revenue Service approving or acknowledging such status.
(c) The application shall be accompanied by written consent of each owner of any private or public property upon which a bin is intended to be placed.
(d) The application must be accompanied by the permit fee of $5.00 per bin, and a one-time application fee of $20.00.
(e) A permit issued under this chapter shall be effective for one (1) year after the date of its issuance. No permit shall be valid until the fees therefore have been paid.
(f) A permit issued under this chapter may be renewed annually upon payment of a renewal fee of $5.00 per bin, and submission of a written renewal application, which shall contain all the information listed in Section 739.03 (a), above.
(Ord. 2015-113. Passed 10-19-15.)