Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. It shall be unlawful for any precious metal dealer to:
1. Acquire, by purchase, barter, exchange or otherwise, goods bearing evidence of a serial number which has been tampered with or scratched or obliterated in any manner unless such person immediately contacts the Ada County Sheriff's Office.
2. Accept, buy or exchange any articles prior to examining the identifying credentials of the person pawning, selling or exchanging said articles.
4. Make any false entry in the record required by section 4-2-6 of this chapter.
5. Falsify, obliterate or destroy the record required by section 4-2-6 of this chapter.
6. Refuse to allow the Ada County Sheriff or his authorized deputies to inspect the record required by section 4-2-6 of this chapter or any goods in his possession during regular business hours.
7. Fail to report to the Ada County Sheriff's Office the receipt of any property which he has good cause to believe has been lost or stolen, together with the name of the owner, if known, and the date when, and the name of the person from whom, the property was received.
8. Report any material matter falsely to a law enforcement officer.
B. It shall be unlawful for any person to use a false name, a fictitious address, or any address other than the true address, or to furnish any false, untrue or misleading information or statement relating to the information required by section 4-2-6 of this chapter. (Ord. 118, 8-28-1981; amd. Ord. 896, 5-21-2019)