Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Monthly Bills: All bills for water or sewer services, or both, shall be rendered monthly and jointly at the established rates in advance or such bills may be rendered on a regularly established day of each and every month in which the service was rendered.
B. Separate Charges: Each bill shall show separately the amount of the sewer service charges and the amount of the bill for water. (1973 Code § 13.24.020)
C. Unpaid Bills: All regular bills for sewer and water issued by the city remaining unpaid after fifteen (15) days from the date of billing shall incur monthly interest at the rate listed on the current city of Yerington fee schedule, interest on past due accounts.
D. Returned Checks: All checks returned to the city shall be assessed a fee and shall incur monthly interest at the rate listed on the current city of Yerington fee schedule, interest on past due accounts. These fees will be in addition to the face value of the check and added to the customer's account. (Ord. 03-03, 9-8-2003)
E. Notification: All sewer and water bills issued by the city shall include notification to the customer as follows: (1973 Code § 13.34.030)
1. The same shall incur monthly interest at the rate listed on the current city of Yerington fee schedule, interest on past due accounts, for all past due accounts;
2. All unpaid bills are considered past due fifteen (15) days after mailing, at which time a twenty four (24) hour termination of service notification may be issued by the city; (Ord. 03-03, 9-8-2003)
3. The statements regularly issued shall include notification to the customer that statement amounts contested may be inquired into at the city clerk's office; (1973 Code § 13.34.030)
4. Customers may question improper billings by contacting the city clerk within seven (7) days following the receipt of the city's decision with regard to the unpaid balance;
5. Customers be notified that to avoid termination of service, the customer must deposit the disputed billing amount with the city and pay all subsequent bills pending resolution of disputed amounts. (1973 Code § 13.34.030; amd. 2001 Code)
F. Discontinuance Of Service For Nonpayment: If any bill for water or service charges, or part thereof, is not paid in full within forty five (45) days after the billing date, a twenty four (24) hour termination of water service notification shall be posted on the front door of the facility and an administrative fee at the rate found on the current city of Yerington fee schedule, administrative fee (posting 24 hour notice), will be added to the bill. If the invoice is not paid in full within the twenty four (24) hour period, the water service shall be immediately discontinued and shut off without further notice to the customer. An administrative fee at the rate found on the current city of Yerington fee schedule, administrative fee (shutting water off for nonpayment), will be added to the bill. Service will not be restored until the account is paid in full. (Ord. 03-03, 9-8-2003)
G. Owner's Responsibility: All water and sewer bills are the sole responsibility of the owner of the property served. If service has been discontinued and an outstanding balance exists, service will not be restored until all sums owed are paid in full. (Ord. 09-01, 2-9-2009)