Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) A development permit shall be obtained from the City Manager before construction or development begins within any Areas of Special Flood Hazard. Application for a development permit shall be made on forms furnished by the City Manager and may include but not be limited to: site specific topographic plans drawn to scale showing the nature, location, dimensions, and elevations of the area in question; existing or proposed structures, fill, storage of materials, drainage facilities, and the location of the foregoing. The following information is required.
(1) Elevation in relation to mean sea level of the lowest floor, including basement, of all proposed structures located in Areas of Special Flood Hazard where Base Flood elevation data are utilized from any source;
(2) Elevation in relation to mean sea level to which any proposed nonresidential structure will be floodproofed in accordance with Section 1105.12 where Base Flood elevation data are utilized from any source;
(3) Certification by a registered professional engineer or architect that the floodproofing methods for any nonresidential structure meet the floodproofing criteria in Section 1105.12 where Base Flood elevation data are utilized from any source;
(4) Description of the extent to which any watercourse will be altered or relocated as a result of the proposed development and certification by a registered professional engineer that the flood carrying capacity of the watercourse will not be diminished;
(5) Certification by a registered professional engineer, architect, or surveyor of the structure's as-built lowest floor or floodproofed elevation.
(b) An application for a development permit shall not be required for maintenance work such as roofing, painting, and basement sealing, or for small nonstructural development activities (except for filling and grading) valued at less than $1,000. Any proposed action exempt from filing for a development permit is also exempt from the standards of this chapter.
(Ord. 20-99. Passed 4-12-99.)