Any contractor constructing a public improvement such as a roadway, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, water main, excavation, or the like, or an improvement which is located on village property, shall obtain, prior to commencing construction, a certificate of insurance coverage with the Village Clerk.  Such certificate shall include the village and its agents as additional insureds.
('79 Code, § 1002(20))