Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The public official shall have and exercise such powers as may be necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this chapter, where applicable, including the following powers and in addition to the others granted in this chapter:
(1) To investigate the dwelling condition in the municipality in order to determine which dwellings therein are unfit for human habitation;
(2) To investigate conditions involving real property within the municipality regarding cleanliness, rubbish, debris and other unhealthy and unsightly material or conditions which constitute a public nuisance;
(3) To administer oaths and affirmations, examine witnesses and receive evidence;
(4) To enter upon any real estate for the purpose of making examinations, provided such entries be made in such manner as to cause the least possible inconvenience to the persons in possession;
(5) To appoint and fix the duties of such officers, agents, and employees as he or she deems necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter; and
(6) To delegate any of his or her functions and powers under this chapter to such officers and agents as he or she may designate.
(B) The Building Inspector of the town is hereby designated as the public officer and appointed to exercise the power prescribed by this chapter.
(Ord. 4152014-B, passed 5-20-2014)