§ 11.02  HISTORY OF TOWN/INCORPORATION.
   The Town of Winnsboro was initially incorporated on December 30, 1832. The Charter of March 3, 1903 placed it under the general law for the government of municipalities. On January 20, 1976, the town adopted the Council-Manager form of government pursuant to the Home Rule Statute, Act. No. 283 of 1975, being S.C. Code §§ 5-13-10 through 5-13-100. The Certificate of Incorporation was issued by the Secretary of State on January 23, 1976.
(1995 Code, Preface)