Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A nightclub shall not be operated in the City unless the owner/operator has secured a permit to operate as set forth in this section.
(a) An applicant for a nightclub permit shall provide the following:
(1) The address where the nightclub is operated or is to be operated;
(2) The status of the applicant as an individual, partnership or limited partnership, domestic or foreign corporation, or other entity;
(3) The full name, residence address, date of birth and social security number of the applicant or the person applying on behalf of a partnership, corporation, or other entity;
(4) The full name, residence address, date of birth, and social security number of the applicant or any employees applying on behalf of the nightclub;
(5) If the applicant is a partnership or limited partnership, the name of the partnership; the status of the partnership as a general or limited partnership; the state or other jurisdiction under which it is organized; the address of its principal office in Ohio; its federal identification number; the name and address, date of birth, and social security number of each partner; and the status of each partner as a general or limited partner;
(6) If the applicant is a corporation, the name of the corporation; the state or other jurisdiction under which it is organized; the address of its principal office; the address of its principal office in Ohio; its federal identification number; the name and address of its statutory agent in Ohio; and the full name, residence address, date of birth, and social security number of each shareholder holding more than two percent of the applicant's stock. If any shareholder is a corporation or a general or limited partnership, the same information shall be included for such shareholder as is required for an applicant that is a corporation or general or limited partnership.
(7) Authorization for an investigation into the background, including any criminal record of the applicant and any person or entity named in the application, including authorization to conduct subsequent investigations to supplement or update the information;
(8) The applicant's agreement to abide by these regulations and the laws of Ohio, and any amendments, additions or reenactments thereof;
(9) A written statement setting forth all measures proposed to insure that adequate traffic control, crowd protection and security, both inside and outside the premises, will be maintained, and that the ages of patrons admitted to the nightclub will be monitored;
(10) A statement electing whether the nightclub will be operated either exclusively as a teen nightclub or exclusively as an adult nightclub, and a statement of the proposed schedule of operating hours and days.
(b) A nonrefundable filing fee shall be paid at the time of filing the application in the amount of $200.00. The permit issued shall allow its holder to operate the nightclub under the terms and provisions of this chapter for a period of one year beginning on the first day of July of the year of issuance, unless previously revoked with cause by the Director of Public Safety. Permit fees shall not be prorated for partial years. (Ord. 2009-7. Passed 2-3-09.)