Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The County Board designates emergency interim successors in the following order of succession, to be contacted in the event of a local disaster emergency in which the principal executive officer, the County Board Chairperson, is unable to be located:
(1) Vice-Chairperson of the County Board;
(2) Chairperson of the Health and Human Services Committee;
(3) Chairperson of the Transportation and Communication Committee;
(4) Chairperson of the Appropriations Committee;
(5) Chairperson of the Capital Improvements and Purchasing Committee;
(6) Chairperson of the Land Use Committee; and
(7) Vice-Chairpersons of the Committees in the order previously listed.
(B) In the event that the Chairperson of the County Board, or his or her deputy provided for pursuant to law, is unavailable, the powers of the office shall be exercised and duties shall be discharged by his or her designated emergency interim successors in the order specified. The emergency interim successor shall exercise the powers and discharge the duties of the office to which designated until a time as a vacancy which may exist shall be filled in accordance with the constitutions or statutes, or until the officer, or his or her deputy or a preceding emergency interim successor, again becomes available to exercise the powers and discharge the duties of his or her office.
(1980 Code, § 32.20) (Res. 85-75, adopted 6-20-1985)