Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The scope and responsibility of the office of Juvenile Services shall include the following:
(1) Assess existing programs and resources;
(2) Coordinate existing programs and resources and make them more available to the Juvenile Court and the Probation Department;
(3) Encourage and develop community programs which are remedial;
(4) Investigate and recommend preventative measures;
(5) Recommend facilities needed in the county based on statistical data, mandates and trends in state law, and cost accountability;
(6) Research grants and moneys for assistance in funding of programs; and
(7) Formulate a long-range program for the office of Juvenile Services.
(B) The County Board Chairperson shall appoint a 12-member advisory committee of responsible and interested persons (with a County Officers Committee member as a liaison member) who shall assist in development and will ensure continued community support and interest, thus guaranteeing a realistic approach to the needs of this county’s youth.
(1980 Code, § 33.41) (Res. 81-169, adopted 9-24-1981)