Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Prevention of Nuisance. Every structure or use subject to the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance shall be located, arranged and operated in accordance with the following provisions so that it will not interfere with the development and enjoyment of adjacent property.
(b) Required Standards. In addition to any other provisions of this Ordinance, the following standards of development and operation are provided to control hazardous, obnoxious or other nuisance activity of uses subject to the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance.
(1) Vibrations and noise. No uses shall be located and no equipment shall be installed in such a way as to produce intense, earth-shaking vibrations which are discernible without instruments at or beyond the property line of the subject premises. Noise standards of the Environmental Protection Agency shall be adhered to.
(2) Smoke. Smoke shall be controlled in its emission so as to be less dark in shade than that designated as No. 2 on the Ringlemann Chart published and used by the U.S. Bureau of Mines, except that emission above such level shall be permitted for a period of three minutes or less during the operation of starting or cleaning a fire.
(3) Dust. Dust or particulate matter shall be so controlled as not to produce a hazardous or obnoxious situation beyond the property lines of the lot on which such dust or particulate matter is produced.
(4) Odors. There shall be no use or storage of substances so as to produce the continuous, frequent, or repetitive emission of odors or odor-causing substances in such concentrations as to be readily perceptible at any point at or beyond the lot line of the property on which the use is located or stored. The applicable standards of the Environmental Protection Agency shall be adhered to.
(5) Glare. Glare or heat from processing or other activity or lighting shall be so screened as not to be perceptible beyond the property lines of the lot on which such glare or heat is produced.
(6) Fire and explosion hazards. All activities, including storage, involving flammable or explosive materials shall include the provision of adequate safety devices against the hazard of fire and explosion. All standards enforced by the Occupationa1 Safety and Health Administration shall be adhered to. Burning of waste materials in open fire is prohibited, as enforced by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
(7) Air pollution. No emission of air pollutants shall be permitted which violates the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1977 or later amendments as enforced by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
(8) Liquid or solid wastes. No discharge at any point into any public sewer, private sewage disposal system, or stream, or into the ground, of any materials of such nature or temperature as can contaminate any water supply or interfere with bacterial processes in sewage treatment, shall be permitted. The standards of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency shall apply.
(Ord. 22-089. Passed 12-5-22.)