Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Meeting Procedures:
1. Time: All meetings shall be held at regularly scheduled times, at the call of the chairman, or at such other times as the historic sites commission may determine 1 .
2. Quorum: Four (4) members of the commission shall constitute a quorum.
3. Open To Public: All meetings of the historic sites commission shall be open to the public, at which time every person has the right to be heard or to be represented by a duly authorized agent or attorney.
4. Conflict Of Interest: Any member of the commission having a pecuniary or personal interest in any matter coming before the commission shall disclose such interest to the other members. Such interest shall be made a matter of record, and may be deemed a disqualifying interest. Any member of the historic sites commission belonging to any religious, philanthropic, fraternal, charitable, social or other not for profit organization shall not be deemed to have a pecuniary or personal interest therein solely by reason of membership in such organization, but shall disclose such membership to the other members of the historic sites commission, and such membership shall be made a matter of record. No member shall thereby be disqualified from voting or participating on any matter affecting such organization unless the member shall also be an officer or director of such organization, in which case such interest shall be deemed a disqualifying interest. Any member having a disqualifying interest shall not speak on such matter, shall not vote or in any way use personal influence on such matter, and shall not be counted in determining a quorum for consideration of such matter.
5. Records: The historic sites commission shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing the vote, absence, or failure to vote of each member upon every question, and shall also keep records of its other official actions. Every order, requirement, decision or determination of the commission shall immediately be filed in the office of the village clerk and shall be a public record. (Ord. 01-18, 12-4-2001)
B. Voting: The concurrent vote of a simple majority of those present and constituting a quorum shall be required for the historic sites commission to render a decision provided however, the commission shall not deny a certificate of appropriateness except by affirmative vote of majority of all members of the historic sites commission then appointed. (Ord. 04-05, 4-20-2004)
C. Rules Of Procedure: The historic sites commission shall adopt and publish in pamphlet form rules of procedure for the conduct of its business. Such rules of procedure shall be subject to approval of the village board and shall not be inconsistent with any of the provisions of the zoning ordinance. (Ord. 01-18, 12-4-2001)
1. See subsection 1-5-2E of this code.