Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No building shall be erected, converted, enlarged, reconstructed, moved or structurally altered, nor shall any building or land be used, except for a purpose permitted in the district in which the building or land is located.
(b) No building shall be erected, converted, enlarged, reconstructed or structurally altered to exceed the height limit herein established for the district in which the building is located.
(c) No building shall be erected, converted, enlarged, reconstructed or structurally altered except in conformity with the area regulations of the district in which the building is located.
(d) The minimum yards, parking spaces and other open spaces, including lot area per family, required by this Zoning Code for any building hereafter erected, shall not be encroached upon or considered as parking yard or open space requirements for any other building, nor shall any lot area be reduced below the district requirements of this Zoning Code.
(e) Every building hereafter erected or structurally altered shall be located on a lot as herein defined and in no case shall there be more than one main building on one lot unless otherwise provided in this Zoning Code.
(f) No nonconforming structure or use that was erected, converted or structurally altered, or premises used in violation of the provisions of the zoning ordinance passed May 7, 1941, shall be validated by the adoption of this Zoning Code, and such violations or any violations of this Zoning Code may be ordered removed or corrected by the proper officials at any time.
(g) No building shall be erected, converted, enlarged, reconstructed or structurally altered for a dwelling use except in conformity with the floor area regulations of the district in which it is located.
(Ord. 431. Passed 9-4-63.)
(Ord. 431. Passed 9-4-63.)
(h) No mobile home, house trailer, recreational vehicle, any trailer which is to be used as an office, storage facility or any other commercial purpose, or any other building or structure which can be moved onto a site on wheels, shall be temporarily or permanently occupied as a residence or dwelling or used as an office, storage facility, or other commercial purpose except by special use permit granted in accordance with procedures of Section 1145.06; provided, however, that such special use permit shall be granted only upon the following conditions:
(1) Except where the mobile home, house trailer, recreational vehicle or any trailer is to be used temporarily on a construction site, if the special use request is for an office, storage facility or any other commercial use, the use shall be only on premises where the use is ancillary to and supports the primary business conducted from a permanent building or structure on the premises.
(2) If the special use request is for a dwelling or residential use, the permit shall be granted for no more than one period not to exceed six months.
(3) If the special use request is for a use as a field construction office, storage facility or other use in connection with such construction project, the permit shall be granted for no more than six months; provided, however, that reasonable extensions may be granted by Council.
(4) That provisions are made for off-street parking, utilities, sanitary and storm sewers, as well as such other reasonable conditions which may be prescribed by the Planning Commission or Council.
(5) That if granted a special use permit by Council, a permit therefor shall be obtained in the manner provided in Section 1147.03.
(Ord. 4-73. Passed 3-16-73.)