Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The authority of and responsibility for administering this subchapter shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the city.
(B) The Chief Executive Officer may delegate any of his functions, duties and powers to employees of the office of Community Development, Human Relations Commission or to employees of such boards with respect to investigating, conciliatory, hearing, determining, ordering, certifying, reporting or otherwise acting as to any work, business or matter under this subchapter. The persons to whom such delegations are made with respect to hearing functions, duties and powers shall be appointed and shall serve in various departments. Insofar as possible, conciliation meetings shall be held in a strategically located area of the city. The Chief Executive Officer shall, by rule, prescribe the rights of appeal from the decisions of his hearing examiners, to other officers in the appropriate department, to boards of officers, or to himself as shall be appropriate.
(C) All executive departments and agencies shall administer their programs and activities relating to housing and urban development in a manner affirmatively to further the purpose of this subchapter and shall cooperate with the Chief Executive Officer to further such purposes.
(D) The Chief Executive Officer shall:
(1) Make studies with respect to the nature and extent of discriminatory housing practices in the city;
(2) Publish and disseminate reports, recommendations and information derived from such studies;
(3) Cooperate with and render technical assistance to public or private agencies, organizations and institutions which are formulating or carrying on programs to prevent, to eliminate discriminatory housing practices;
(4) Administer the programs and activities relating to housing and urban development in a manner affirmatively to further the policies of this subchapter;
(5) Ensure that real estate agents and contractors follow the use of the city's approved affirmative marketing program; private developers and real estate agents shall use H.U.D. affirmative and marketing as a condition for obtaining local licenses and building permits; and
(6) Designate by formal appointment the departments and/or individuals to be given full investigative powers under this subchapter.
(1967 Code, Appendix C, § 1-4) (Ord. passed 9-6-1977)