The following terms whenever used or referred to in this section of this chapter shall have the following respective meanings unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
   BUILDING. Any combination of materials, whether portable or fixed, which comprises a structure affording facilities or shelter for any human occupancy, whether infrequent or regular, including all dwellings and nonresidential buildings. The word BUILDING shall be construed as if followed by the words “or part or parts thereof and all equipment and contents therein” unless the context clearly requires a different meaning.
   DEMOLISH. To destroy a building and to remove all debris and waste materials from the lot on which the building stood.
   DWELLING. Any structure or part thereof used and occupied for human habitation or intended to be so used and including any garages or other accessory buildings belonging thereto.
   DWELLING UNIT. Any room or group of rooms located within a dwelling and forming a single habitable unit with the facilities that are used or intended to be used for living, sleeping, cooking, or eating.
   EXTERMINATE. The control and elimination of vermin and other pests by eliminating their harboring places, by removing or making inaccessible materials that may serve as their food, and by poisoning, spraying, fumigating, trapping, or by other legal methods.
   GARBAGE. The animal and vegetable waste resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking, and consumption of food.
   HABITABLE ROOM. A room or enclosed floor space used, or intended to be used, for living, sleeping, cooling, or eating purposes, excluding bathrooms, water closet compartments, laundries, pantries, foyers, communicating corridors, closets, or storage spaces.
   OCCUPANT. Any person living, sleeping, cooking, or eating in, or having actual possession of a dwelling unit or rooming unit.
   OWNER. Any holder of any legal or equitable title in the subject premises, whether alone or jointly with others.
   PARTIES IN INTEREST. All individual, associates, and corporations who have a mortgage or other interest of record in a structure or who are in possession thereof.
   POTABLE WATER. Water approved by public health authorities as safe for drinking.
   PUBLIC RECORD. Deeds, mortgages, and other instruments of record relating to land titles.
   ROOMING HOUSE. Any dwelling or that part of any dwelling containing one or more rooming units in which space is let by the owner or occupant to three or more persons who are not husband and wife, son or daughter, mother or father, grandson or granddaughter, grandmother or grandfather, sister or brother of the occupant.
   ROOMING UNIT. Any room or group of rooms forming a single habitable unit used or intended to be used for living and sleeping, but not for cooking or eating purposes.
   RUBBISH. All waste materials except garbage.
   STRUCTURAL ALTERATIONS. Any change in the supporting members of a building such as bearing walls, columns, beams, or gutters, except repair or replacement of supporting members.
   STRUCTURE. Any man-made combination of materials, including but not limited to, buildings, dwellings, stadiums, reviewing stands, platforms, stagings, observation towers, swimming pools above and below grad, radio towers, water tanks and towers, trestles, piers, wharves, sheds, coal bins, shelters, display signs, retaining walls, fences, and excavations. The term STRUCTURE shall be construed as if followed by the works “or part or parts thereof and all equipment and contents therein” unless the context clearly requires a different meaning.
   UTILITY PROVIDER. Any municipal or private utility supplying water, electricity, or natural gas.
(Ord. 1996-010, passed 10-14-96)