Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All ordinances of a temporary or special nature and all other ordinances pertaining to subjects not embraced in this code shall remain in full force and effect unless herein repealed expressly or by necessary implication, including but not limited to the following types of ordinances:
(1) Any ordinance guaranteeing or promising the payment of money for the municipality or authorizing the issuance of any bonds of the municipality or any evidence of the municipality's indebtedness;
(2) Any appropriation ordinance or ordinance providing for an annual budget or prescribing salaries for municipal officers and employees;
(3) Any ordinance annexing territory to the municipality or discontinuing territory as a part of the municipality;
(4) Any ordinance designating or otherwise relating to municipal depositories;
(5) Any ordinance granting any franchise, permit, or other right;
(6) Any ordinance approving, prescribing, or otherwise relating to rates to be charged by private utility companies;
(7) Any ordinance approving, authorizing, or otherwise relating to any contract or agreement;
(8) Any ordinance accepting, dedicating, vacating, or otherwise relating to any easement; and
(9) Any ordinance establishing or amending the zoning designation of land.
(B) All such ordinances mentioned in division (A) are hereby recognized as continuing in full force and effect to the same extent as if set out at length herein.