If a single vacancy exists on the City Council, a majority of the remaining members excluding the Mayor may fill the vacancy by appointment. However, in case of a tie, the mayor will cast the decisive vote. In lieu of filling the vacancy by appointment the City Council may order a special election to fill the vacancy or leave the seat vacant for the remainder of the unexpired term. If two or more vacancies exist on the council at the same time, a special election must be ordered to fill the vacancy. If a vacancy exists in any other municipal office of the city, the Mayor shall appoint someone to fill the vacancy subject to confirmation by the City Council.