Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The office of full-time City Clerk is hereby established. The City Clerk shall take the constitutional oath of office within thirty (30) days of receiving the notice of appointment. The City Clerk shall have had prior experience and other requirements outlined by the approved job description for the position.
(B) The City Clerk shall be an officer of the city and his or her duties shall include:
(1) Attendance at all City Council meetings and taking and recording the minutes thereof;
(2) Preparation and handling of the official correspondence of the city as requested by Council;
(3) Preparation of annual property tax bills;
(4) Preservation and safekeeping of the city's public records, including minute books, ordinances, contracts, and other public archives;
(5) Perform the duties required of the official custodian pursuant to the Open Records Law;
(6) Publication of all ordinances when enacted;
(7) Preparation and advertising of bids required by Council;
(8) Supervising the use of the municipal building and maintaining regular office hours at that building; and
(9) Performing all duties required by KRS 83A.085 and other applicable statutes, and other necessary and customary duties as the Mayor and Council may direct from time to time and shall have the same powers as the executive authority in carrying out such duties.
(C) The compensation, hours, and benefits of the City Clerk shall be the same as provided to regular employees pursuant to the city's personnel policies and compensation and classification plan.
(Ord. 2020-2, passed 2-19-2020)