Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The office of full-time City Administrator is hereby established. The City Administrator shall take the constitutional oath of office within thirty (30) days of receiving the notice of appointment. The City Administrator shall have had prior experience managing municipal projects, including, without limitation, supervisory experience and budgetary oversight and other requirements outlined by the approved job description for the position.
(B) The City Administrator shall be an officer of the city and his or her duties shall include:
(1) Advise the executive authority of the city in policy formulation on overall problems of the city;
(2) Have major responsibility for preparation and administration of operating and capital improvement budgets under direction of the executive authority;
(3) Advise the executive authority of the city in the appointment of subordinate administrative personnel if not delegated appointment authority by appropriate order;
(4) Have continuing direct relationships with operating department heads on implementation and administration of programs;
(5) Administration and collection of occupational taxes and license fees or oversight thereof if delegated to another agency;
(6) Oversight of the administration of zoning, housing and building regulations as required and authorized by KRS 100.271;
(7) Oversight of grant writing, administration, and reporting;
(8) Serve and perform the duties of Personnel Administrator according to the Villa Hills Personnel Polices;
(9) Advise and oversee economic development activities of the city, including acting as the Agency of any Local Development Area Agreements;
(10) Represent the Mayor and or the city on or before regional boards, committees, and commissions to promote the interests of the City of Villa Hills;
(11) Serve as the delegated executive officer of the city in the absence or incapacitation of the Mayor pursuant to KRS 83A.130(7) unless the Mayor delegates this function to another non-elected city officer or employee by executive order;
(12) Serve as the Alcohol Beverage Control Officer for the city and;
(13) Performing all duties required by KRS 83A.090 and other applicable statutes, and other necessary and customary duties as the Mayor and Council may direct from time to time and shall have the same powers as the executive authority in carrying out such duties.
(C) The compensation, hours, and benefits of the City Administrator may be set by contract, otherwise they shall be the same as provided to regular employees pursuant to the city's personnel policies and compensation and classification plan.
(Prior Code, §§ 2.24.010, 2.28.010) (Ord. 1994-10, passed - -; Am. Ord. 2005-5, passed 5-18-2005; Am. Ord. 2007-5, passed - -; Am. Ord. 2014-07, passed 6-25-2014; Am. Ord. 2020-2, passed 2-19-2020)