Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following monthly charges shall prevail for water consumption.
(1) Inside corporate limits: first 2,000 gallons of water will be charged a minimum fee at a rate of no less than $19. Customers will then be charged at a rate of$7 for every 1,000 gallons of usage thereafter.
(2) Outside corporate limits: first 2,000 gallons of water will be charged a minimum fee at a rate of no less than $25.50. Customers will then be charged at a rate of $8 for every 1,000 gallons of usage thereafter.
(3) Bulk water sales: customers will be charged at a rate of $6 per 1,000 gallons of water purchased.
(B) The following rules and guidelines apply to water rates.
(1) The consumer shall pay no less than the minimum monthly charge, in the event the consumer requests temporary service disconnection.
(2) In those instances in which one utility meter services a building or premises containing two or more residences or businesses, the rates and charges shall be assessed against and collected from the owner of the said building or premises.
(3) Water and sewer consumption shall be calculated from meter readings and billed in increments of 1,000 gallons rounded downward to the lower thousand, unless and until the meters or computers in use shall become capable of more precise measurements.
(C) The adequacy of the gas service charge shall be reviewed, not less often than annually by certified public accountants for the city in their annual audit report. Any percentage change (increase or decrease) in the local capital cost or in a change in operation and maintenance cost including replacement costs based on the latest fiscal year audit, which are passed directly to all utility bills, shall be determined by the Council.
(1975 Code, § 38.16) (Ord. 09-06, passed 12-2-2009; Ord. 09-08, passed 12-2-2009; Ord. 16-02, passed 2-17-2016)