Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The purpose of this zone district is to accommodate large areas which are mostly vacant, unplatted or minimally platted and predominately undeveloped.
(2) Limited, low-density residential development and ranching activities are allowed; but any other use of land in this district is subject to site plan review and permit approval.
(B) Permitted uses. Any of the following permissive uses are allowed in this zone district:
(1) Residential uses permitted in the RR-1 District are permitted in the Outland District;
(2) Ranching activities related to the grazing of livestock;
(3) HOME OCCUPATION, as defined by this chapter, subject to the standards and limitations set forth in § 154.168.
(4) Public facilities; and
(5) Similar uses similar in character, scale and performance, or with similar noise, odor, traffic, air and water quality impacts on neighboring properties.
(C) Conditional uses. A zone change, or temporary use permit as appropriate, is required for all other uses not expressly permitted in division (B) above.
(1) Secondary dwelling, as outlined in § 154.105; and
(2) Home occupation where the business includes visits to the site from clients, customers, patients, patrons, or similar individuals. Such home occupations may allow for employment of up to two non-family members and may be approved for a period of time not to exceed two years, and are subject to the standards and limitations set forth in § 154.168.
(D) Non-conforming uses. Non-conforming uses found in the Outland District are subject to the non-conforming use provision of § 154.059 as well as any other applicable provisions of this chapter.
(E) Minimum dwelling lot size. The following standards apply to all land uses within this zone district: minimum lot sizes for dwellings shall be as provided by the RR-1 Zone District herein this chapter.
(Ord. 2004-05, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 2006-06, passed 6-16-2006; Am. Ord. 2017-03, passed 11-1-2017) Penalty, see § 154.999