Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Generally. It shall be unlawful for any person to violate any provisions of this chapter, to permit or maintain any violation, to refuse to obey any provision hereof, or to fail or refuse to comply with any provision except as variation may be allowed under this chapter.
(B) Criminal violations; civil penalties.
(1) Any responsible party, whether owner, lessee, sublessor, sublessee or occupant of any premises who violates the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of a petty misdemeanor for each day the violation continues. Any person violating the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a civil action to abate or enjoin the nuisance. The Department may pursue any lawful civil remedy, civil penalties or criminal actions brought to enforce any provisions of this chapter.
(2) Anyone violating any of the provisions of this chapter shall upon conviction be subject to a fine not exceeding $300 or imprisonment for period not exceeding 90 days, or both the fine and imprisonment.
(1) The Department may issue a citation to anyone who is in violation of this chapter.
(2) The citation shall be on a form approved by the Commission and may require that the violator either:
(a) Remedy the violation within a reasonable period of time; or
(b) Appear before a court of competent jurisdiction.
(3) The reasonable period for purposes of this chapter shall be 30 days from service of a notice of violation relating to the violation of the Zoning Chapter.
(Ord. 2004-05, passed 9-15-2004)