Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The purpose of the PRO District is to accommodate the immediate foreseeable demand for public parks and recreation and open space in designated areas inside or outside suburban growth boundaries to serve local and regional residents’ needs as identified in the comprehensive plan.
(2) The size, character and intensity of development of park, recreation and open space areas and the performance characteristics of recreation areas shall be commensurate with the capability of land and water areas to support the uses intended and shall not result in any unusual service demands.
(3) Uses of land and water not compatible with public parks, public recreation and open space uses, including recreation commercial service facilities, shall be prohibited.
(1) Park, recreation area, or open space, publicly or privately owned, operated and maintained;
(2) Public campground or picnic site;
(3) Historical, archaeological, or geological site;
(4) Public bicycle and pedestrian paths or trails systems not within county or public rights-or-way;
(5) Equestrian paths or trails systems;
(6) Public playground, or play field, including game court, ball diamond, swimming pool and similar uses;
(7) Public RV park subject to the RV park provisions of § 154.171;
(8) Golf course, excluding miniature golf;
(9) Driving range, in conjunction with a golf course;
(10) Dwelling for caretaker or watchman, in conjunction with a permitted use. Site design review is not required for the dwelling;
(11) Accessory uses;
(12) Temporary structures as may be required during construction of an authorized permanent structure. The temporary structure shall be removed upon final inspection of the permanent structure by the Building Inspector;
(13) Community or municipal water supply system;
(14) Community or municipal sanitary sewer system;
(15) Public facilities;
(16) Signs, pursuant to the sign provisions set forth in § 154.166; and
(17) Similar uses similar in character, scale and performance, or with similar noise, odor, traffic, air and water quality impacts on neighboring properties.
(C) Conditional uses.
(2) Similar uses similar in character, scale and performance, or with similar noise, odor, traffic, air and water quality impacts on neighboring properties.
(D) Prohibited uses. Uses of land and water not specifically mentioned in this section and not allowed as a similar use, are prohibited in the PRO District.
(E) Non-conforming uses. Non-conforming uses found in the PRO District are subject to the non-conforming use provision of § 154.059 as well as any other applicable provisions of this chapter.
(F) Dimensional requirements; RV occupancy. In the PRO District, the following standards and limitations shall apply unless varied or waived subject to § 154.152 for planned development:
(1) Parcel size and dimension. The minimum parcel size for any use shall be 1 acre, except that 50 acres shall be the minimum parcel size for a golf course.
(2) Setbacks. The minimum setback for all yards shall be 30 feet for all uses, except as follows.
(3) Occupancy of recreational vehicles. One recreational vehicle shall be permitted to be parked on any parcel in conjunction with a principal dwelling, and may be used for the temporary accommodation of guests for a period of up to 30 days total in any year. In no case shall any recreational vehicle be used as a principal dwelling or rented unless and until the necessary permits have been obtained.
(Ord. 2004-05, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 06, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 2006-06, passed 6-16-2006) Penalty, see § 154.999