Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The purpose of the Agricultural Preservation (AP) District is to protect and preserve areas where lands are predominantly agricultural in their character and use, and comprising of irrigated lands for farming or lands for livestock management. Limited residential and other, agricultural-related uses may be conditionally permitted in the AP district.
(B) Permitted uses. Any of the following permissive uses are allowed in this zone district:
(1) One singular dwelling unit per minimum 5-acre lot;
(2) Agricultural activities, including the cultivation and harvesting of crops and the raising, breeding and management of livestock;
(3) Home occupation, as defined by this chapter, subject to the standards and limitations set forth in § 154.168.
(4) Public facilities.
(C) Conditional uses. In the AP District, pursuant to the Type B application procedure set forth in § 154.076 and subject to the conditional use review criteria listed in §§ 154.035 through 154.040, and any other applicable criteria established by this chapter, the following uses may be allowed conditionally:
(1) Secondary dwelling, as outlined in § 154.105;
(2) Home occupation where the business includes visits to the site from clients-customers, patients, patrons, or similar individuals. Such home occupations may allow for employment of up to two non-family members and may be approved for a period of time not to exceed two years, and are subject to the standards and limitations set forth in § 154.168;
(3) Commercial dairies;
(4) Commercial feedlots;
(5) Accessory uses; and
(6) Utility facility, with the exception of energy generation facilities, subject to site design review.
(D) Non-conforming uses. Non-conforming uses found in the Agricultural Preservation District are subject to the non-conforming use provisions of § 154.059 as well as any other applicable provisions of this chapter.
(E) Dimensional requirements. In the AP District, the following dimensional requirements shall apply:
(1) The minimum parcel size for a permitted or conditional use shall be 5 acres.
(2) The maximum building height of any residential structure shall be 35 feet and the maximum for all other structures shall be 45 feet.
(3) The maximum setbacks for all yards of a residential dwelling in the AP District shall be as follows:
Side and rear yard
(Ord. 2004-05, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 02, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 06, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 09, passed 9-15-2004; Am. Ord. 2006-06, passed 6-16-2006; Am. Ord. 2017-03, passed 11-1-2017) Penalty, see § 154.999