Skip to code content (skip section selection)
This section is established to provide an administrative process through which specific parking design regulations of the may be modified. This procedure is not intended to delete or waive regulations, but is intended to allow design flexibility in compliance and alternative design solutions within the intent of the regulation.
The following requirements may be considered for a modification under this section:
1. Number of ;
2. Dimensional and location requirements of Section 7.4.6 (Motor Vehicle Use Area Design Criteria) including, but not limited to off- parking location, parking space width, and width, and back-up spur depth; and,
3. Number of .
C. Review and Approval Procedures
1. Applications must include property ownership information, a , and other information deemed by the PDSD as necessary to evaluate the request.
2. Except as provided herein, review of PDMR requests is processed in accordance with Section 3.3.3, PDSD Approval Procedure.
Review of modification requests to the number of motor vehicle and is in accordance with the Section 3.3.4, 100' Notice Procedure. The Design Review Board (DRB) reviews the request and provides the PDSD with a recommendation.
D. Findings for Approval
The PDSD may approve a modification as provided by this section if all of the following applicable criteria are met and documented in findings.
1. The modification does not result in the deletion of an requirement.
2. The modification is not a request previously denied as a variance.
3. The modification is not to a condition of approval for a rezoning, Special Exception , variance, or Individual Parking Plan.
4. The modification does not adversely impact properties or .
5. The modification does not impede sight visibility at points of , or within the for either vehicular or pedestrian traffic or otherwise create or increase a safety hazard.
6. The modification provides design alternatives to better integrate the into the design character of the immediate neighborhood.
7. Except as provided below, a PDMR may modify a dimensional requirement by no more than 10%.
8. A modification may be granted for decreasing the required motor vehicle parking by 10% or less, but in no case more than five spaces. The modification in is for the purpose of improving the design in a manner which will further the intent of the PDMR. This includes such as, but not limited to, enhancement of , pedestrian facilities, or provisions beyond the requirements of the .
9. The modification does not decrease the minimum parking space dimension to less than eight feet in width. The number of parking spaces with decreased dimensions may not exceed 10% of the total number of parking spaces provided. The parking spaces with decreased dimensions must be marked as ‘compact’.
10. The modification does not decrease the or dimension by more than 5% of the minimum width required. Exception: The width of a or may not be reduced when it is a fire lane.
11. The back-up spur dimensional requirements may be modified when the last space in a of parking is wider than eight and one-half feet or when the PDSD determines that the proposed modification will not create a safety hazard.
12. A modification may be granted for decreasing the required parking by 10% or less, but in no case shall the modification result in there being less than two . The modification in the number of is for the purpose of improving the design in a manner which will further the intent of the PDMR. This includes such as, but not limited to, enhancement of or pedestrian facilities beyond the requirements of the .
(Am. Ord. 11732, 2/19/2020)