Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Continuing regulatory jurisdiction. The mayor and council shall have continuing regulatory jurisdiction and supervision over the operation of any license or franchise granted pursuant to this chapter. However, it is recognized that the daily administrative, supervisory, and enforcement responsibilities of the provisions of this chapter and the license or franchise agreement shall be delegated and entrusted to the city Manager as hereafter provided.
(b) The city manager or the city manager's designee, as appropriate, shall have the following responsibilities and authority:
(1) To interpret, administer and enforce the provisions of this chapter and the license or franchise agreement;
(2) To represent the city in all matters pertaining to the implementation of the provisions of this chapter and the license or franchise agreement;
(3) To review and audit reports and other documents submitted to the city as required by this chapter or other law, so as to ensure that the necessary reports are completed and fulfilled pursuant to the terms of this chapter;
(4) To assure that all records, rules and charges pertinent to the system are made available for inspection at reasonable hours upon reasonable notice;
(5) To confer with the licensee or franchisee and advise and supervise the interconnection and compatibility of the system with other systems in the city;
(6) To establish and administer sanctions as authorized by the mayor and council to ensure compliance with this chapter;
(7) To advise the mayor and council on matters which may constitute grounds for termination of the license or franchise agreement in accordance with this chapter;
(8) To advise the mayor and council on proposed transfers of the system;
(9) To promulgate regulations regarding the construction, reconstruction, operation, maintenance, dismantling, testing or use of the system as necessary;
(10) To ensure that the licensee or franchisee makes all services available to all residents of the city on a nondiscriminatory basis;
(11) To perform any other duties assigned under the provisions of this chapter or other legislation which may hereafter be enacted by the mayor and council or such other related duties as the mayor and council may direct.
(Ord. No. 8522, § 1, 6-12-95)