Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Conditions: Any Business License issued pursuant to the provisions of this Title or of any other ordinance of the City may be revoked and any application denied by the City because of:
1. The failure of the Licensee or applicant to comply with the conditions and requirements of this Title or any other ordinance of the City.
2. Unlawful activities conducted or permitted on the premises where the Business is conducted.
3. Fraud, misrepresentation or a false statement contained in the application for the license.
4. Fraud, misrepresentation or false statement made in the course of carrying on the business.
5. Conviction of any crime or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude
B. Notice To Licensee: Prior to the revocation of a Business license, denial of a new application, or denial of an application to renew a Business License, the Licensee or applicant shall be given written notice which shall state in substance that the City Council intends to consider revocation of the Business License, deny the new application, or deny the application to renew, together with the reason or reasons therefor, at a regular or special meeting of the City Council, and that the Licensee or applicant has a right to appear, to be represented by counsel, to hear the evidence against him, to cross examine witnesses and to present evidence as to why the license should not be revoked or the renewal application denied. The regular or special meeting of the City Council shall be at least ten (10) days and not more than thirty (30) days from the date such notice is sent. This Subsection shall not apply to applications for licenses for Businesses which have not previously been licensed by the City, and such applicants need only be informed that their application has been denied and the reason(s) therefore. (Ord. 2020.14, 7-16-2020)