Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Prohibited Time Specified: Sprinkler irrigation of all landscapes is prohibited between the hours of ten o'clock (10:00) A.M. and six o'clock (6:00) P.M. during the months of May, June, July, August and September.
B. Applicability; Exceptions: The provisions of this section shall apply to all landscapes within the city. This section does not apply in the following situations:
1. New lawns that require frequent irrigation during the first thirty (30) days within planting.
2. Short cycles required for testing, inspecting and maintaining irrigation systems.
3. Other situations as permitted in writing by the city.
1. Violations of the provisions of this section shall be deemed an infraction, punishable as follows:
a. First offense: Warning.
b. Second offense: Twenty five dollar ($25.00) fine.
c. Third and subsequent offenses: Thirty five dollar ($35.00) fine.
2. Each day such violation is committed shall constitute a separate offense and shall be punishable as such. (Ord. 03-13-03, 3-13-2003, eff. 4-12-2003)