Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The subdivider shall prepare a preliminary plat and the supporting documentation required by this chapter.
(B) The Plan Commission may waive the requirements for a preliminary plat if it determines that:
(1) Five lots of less than five acres each is created;
(2) The subdivision fronts on an existing adequately improved street;
(3) The subdivision does not involve any new streets or easements of access or the extension of other municipality facilities;
(4) The subdivision does not adversely affect adjoining or nearby property or the development of the remainder of the parcel;
(5) The subdivision does not conflict with any provisions of the Official Plan; and
(6) When the Plan Commission does waive the requirement for a preliminary plat, the following shall apply.
(a) The requirement for a final plat shall continue to be in effect.
(b) The fee shall be paid when the final plat is submitted.
(c) All the documentation required to support a preliminary plat must be submitted with the final plat.
(d) The Plan Commission shall hold a public hearing before taking action on the final plat.
(e) No further subdivision of adjacent land owned by the same beneficial interest shall be considered for subdivisions within five years without full compliance with the requirements for a preliminary plat.
(Ord. 97-7, passed 7-1-1997, § 4.9.2)