Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Presentation. If all the above requirements have been satisfied, the Chairperson of the Plan Commission will present the preliminary plat to the Plan Commission at the next regular meeting. The subdivider or a responsible representative shall attend this meeting. The Plan Commission shall either:
(1) Recommend disapproval of the preliminary plat;
(2) Recommend approval of the preliminary plat; or
(3) Recommend approval of the preliminary plat, subject to minor modifications.
(B) Recommendation. If the Plan Commission recommends disapproval of the preliminary plat, the reasons for the recommendation for denial shall be clearly set forth and communicated to the subdivider.
(C) Execution. If the Plan Commission recommends approval of the preliminary plat, it shall be so executed at that time. The original preliminary plat and two copies must be executed.
(D) Submission. The Chairperson of the Plan Commission shall then submit the recommendation of the Plan Commission to the Board of Trustees for its review, consideration, and approval or disapproval.
(E) In effect. The approval of the preliminary plat by the Board of Trustees shall be in effect for a period of one year from the approval date. The period that approval is in effect may be extended administratively by action of the Board for up to one additional year. If the final plat and subdivision improvement drawings and specifications have not been filed on or before this date, then the preliminary plat approval shall become null and void; and if the preliminary plat becomes null and void, then a resubmittal of the preliminary plat for the development will be required just as if the development were starting anew.
(1) Approval of the preliminary plat by the village confers upon the subdivider the following rights for a period of 12 months from the date of approval, subject to existing law, ordinances, or statutes.
(2) The subdivider may submit on or before the expiration date a final plat for the whole or part thereof of the preliminary plat for consideration by the village. Approval of the preliminary plat by the Board of Trustees shall be indicated on the drawings.
(G) On the preliminary plat, the following certificate shall appear:
PRELIMINARY PLAT APPROVAL
THE PRELIMINARY PLAT ENTITLED HAS RECEIVED APPROVAL BY THE PLAN COMMISSION OF THE VILLAGE OF TOLONO, ILLINOIS, THIS DAY OF , 20 .
PRELIMINARY PLAT APPROVAL
THE PRELIMINARY PLAT ENTITLED HAS RECEIVED APPROVAL BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE VILLAGE OF TOLONO, ILLINOIS, THIS DAY OF , 20___.
PRESIDENT, BOARD OF TRUSTEES
(Ord. 97-7, passed 7-1-1997, § 4.10)