Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) All full-time officers covered by this agreement shall receive from the village the following items:
(a) Uniform jacket;
(b) Uniform shirts: four long-sleeve, any combination of five short-sleeve or polo shirts;
(c) Trousers: three pairs, one pair of shorts, or four pairs of trousers; and
(d) Protective vest will be provided for full-time officers.
(2) Part-time officers covered by this agreement shall receive from the village the following items:
(a) Uniform jacket;
(b) Uniform shirts: two long-sleeve, one short-sleeve, one polo shirt (an individual officer may choose two short-sleeve shirts and no polo shirt); and
(c) Trousers: two pairs.
(3) Uniform items damaged while on duty due to duty-related activities will be replaced at no expense to the officer. Uniform items which need to be replaced due to normal wear and tear are subject to the clothing allowance limitations and procedures.
(4) The village shall provide protective vests to all full-time officers at no cost to the officers. The vests will remain the property of the village may not be used by the officer, except on duty for the village, and, should the office terminate employment with the village, the vest shall be returned. Vests will be supplied whenever a previously issued vest is more than five years old and the warranty from the manufacturer has expired or when the vest is damaged in the line of duty such that it no longer functions as intended.
(5) (a) Part-time officers who do not personally own or have a protective vest provided by another agency will be provided a protective vest at no initial cost to the officer. The officer will be required to repay the village 10% of the original purchase price of the vest every year for five years on or before the anniversary elate of being provided with the vest.
(b) Should a part-time officer leave the employment of the village, she or he will be required to pay any remaining balance of the 50% purchase price of the protective vest. If the protective vest is damaged in the line of duty such that it no longer functions as intended, the vest will be replaced at no additional cost to the officer, however, the 50% payment for the original vest will still be required.
(B) Clothing allowance.
(1) The village will provide an annual clothing allowance to all officers covered by this agreement of $475 per year for the first two years of the contract and $475 for the final contract year for full-time officers and $250 per year for part-time officers on a reimbursement basis.
(2) Officers may purchase clothing or equipment to either replace the initially provided uniform or to purchase additional items included on an equipment list approved by the Police Chief for the officer’s use.
(3) As of the effective date of this chapter, the Chief will have a list of approved clothing and equipment. From time to time, the Chief may modify the list and will provide new lists to all bargaining unit members whenever changes are made. To be eligible for reimbursement, officers must provide the Chief with receipts for the purchase of any and all clothing pursuant to this chapter. No cash payment shall be made at any time other than in reimbursement for items purchased during the contract year.
(Ord. 2014-07, passed 5-20-2014)