Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Users required to obtain a wastewater contribution permit shall complete and file with the city an application form provided by the city. The completed application shall be accompanied by a fee of $100. In support of the application, the user shall submit the following information:
(1) Name, address, and location (if different from the address);
(2) SIC number according to the Standard Industrial Classification Manual, Bureau of the Budget, 1972, as amended;
(3) Time and duration of discharges;
(4) Average daily flow rates, including daily, monthly, and seasonal variations, if any;
(5) Site plans, floor plans, mechanical and plumbing plans and details to show all sewers, sewer connections, and appurtenances by size, location, and elevation;
(6) Description of activities, facilities, and plant processes on the premises, including all materials which are or could be discharged;
(7) The nature and concentration of any pollutants in the discharge which are limited by city, state, or federal pretreatment standards, and a statement regarding whether or not the limits are being met on a consistent basis, and if not, whether additional pretreatment is required for the user to meet applicable pretreatment standards and requirements;
(8) If additional pretreatment is required to meet the pretreatment standards and requirements, the shortest schedule by which the user will provide such additional pretreatment shall be provided. The completion date in the schedule shall not be later than l8 months. The following conditions shall apply to this schedule:
(a) The schedule shall contain increments of progress in the form of dates for the commencement and completion of major events leading to the construction and operation of additional pretreatment facilities (for example, hiring an engineer, completing preliminary plans, completing final plans, executing contract for major components, beginning construction, completing construction, and the like).
(b) No time increment in this section shall exceed 9 months.
(c) Not later than 14 days following each date in the schedule and the final date for compliance, the user shall submit a progress report to the Superintendent of the Water/Wastewater Division including, as a minimum, whether or not it complied with the increment of progress to be met on that date and, if not, the date on which it expects to comply with this increment of progress, the reason for delay, and the steps being taken by the user to return the project to the schedule established. In no case shall more than 9 months elapse between such progress reports to the Superintendent.
(9) Each product produced by type, amount, process, or processes and rate of production;
(10) Type and amount of raw materials processed (average and maximum per day);
(11) Number and type of employees, hours of operation of plant, and proposed or actual hours of operation of pretreatment system;
(12) Any other information as may be deemed necessary by the city to be necessary to evaluate the permit application.
(B) The city will evaluate the data furnished by the user and may require additional information. After evaluation and acceptance of the data furnished, the city may issue a wastewater contribution permit subject to terms and conditions provided herein.
(1974 Code, § 54.37) (Ord. 29-84, passed 9-4-1984; Am. Ord. 26-87, passed 7-6-1987; Am. Ord. 9-91, passed 3-4-1991)