Sec. 8-4.13. Demolition Permits.
   No person, firm or corporation shall raze any building or structure, or portion thereof, in the City, or cause the same to be done, without first obtaining a separate Demolition Permit for each building or structure from the Building Official.
   To obtain a demolition permit of an entire structure, the applicant shall first file a written application for demolition permit, and associated preliminary site inspection, and pay all fees as set by resolution of the City Council. A construction and debris recycling plan and associated fee may also be required by the Public Works Department. A building alteration permit shall be obtained when a building will be partially demolished.
   The applicant shall cause all utility services, including gas, electric, water and wastewater services, to be terminated and removed by the appropriate utility agency. A written notification of termination of service by the utility agencies shall be obtained by the applicant and submitted to the Building Division prior to permit issuance.
   The applicant shall schedule an inspection of abandoned sewers, septic tanks, cesspools, and water wells immediately upon excavation and exposure and prior to fill in or cap off. Fill materials and/or cap devices shall be located on site at the time of inspection. Sewers, septic tanks, and cesspools shall be filled or capped in accordance with the current edition of the California Plumbing Code as adopted by the City of Thousand Oaks. Water wells shall be abandoned in accordance with the City of Thousand Oaks Public Works Department specifications.
   The applicant shall restore the site within the former building area to be consistent with adjacent grades and remove of all resulting building debris, trash, junk, or any other material that constitutes a threat to life, health, or property or is inimical to the public welfare.
   A final inspection of the site shall be scheduled by the permit holder or authorized agent immediately after the demolition of the structure or building.
(§ 3, Ord. 1707-NS, eff. January 1, 2023)